Monday, October 9, 2017

What If?

The phrase “what if” is commonly associated with a negative thought in our head. We think, what if I fail, what if I am not good enough, what if this problem doesn't get fixed, or what if I make a mistake. There are so many doubts, worries, or fears inside our heads. We constantly think of the bad what ifs.
There was a song i listened to the other day that changes our perspective on the “what ifs”. The lyrics in the song are: “What if You're holding me up, What if Your love is enough, What if the power in Your name Can do anything, And what if You're making me strong, What if You were here all along, What if I'm right where You want me” Song What if by Blanca. I believe that she is onto something important, powerful and life changing. What if the phrase “what if” is a positive thing. What if instead of doubting God, what if we start trusting him. If we speak these powerful thoughts over and over again, we are reminding ourselves of the truth.
Blanca recently released an Ep. She wrote these few songs because of something difficult she went through. She really got inspired for this album. God uses the hard things we go through to grow our faith, make us stronger. Her song real love, emphasizes that Gods love is more important than any religious rule or tradition we could follow. I agree with that we get so caught up in doing things to check of our lists. It is all about the relationship. Her song undeniable is all about how powerful God's love is, and how he shows himself to us. Her song remind me talks about how we need God to remind us of his truth, his character, that he is everything for us, and he holds us together. Her song give it all is an upbeat song of surrender to God, where we give him control and all our worries and issues.
Nothing I can say about these songs truly give it justice and emphasize how awesome they are unless you hear them yourself. These songs are my new favourites, they have strong and important messages as well as awesome music to go with it. I love them and I strongly recommend looking up her songs. She also posted a video on YouTube called what is real love? In the video she has a great story and a powerful message.

1 comment:

  1. So true, Kiana. And I always love songs that draw me closer to the Father....and obviously you do as well.

    ReplyDelete