Saturday, May 7, 2016

2 Corinthians 5 bible study


 (v. 2) "We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing." I know for me I really enjoy buying new clothing and wearing them, it is such a good feeling but if I imagine my new body, how much more will we be happy to put on our new bodies, it will be better than any feeling we have on this earth and it will be one that lasts so much longer. It reminds of a verse Isaiah 40:31, but in this case we will be sure we will never grow weary or faint but have God's everlasting strength.

(V. 5) "God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit." His Holy Spirit is such a huge promise, one that is always with us but sometimes hard to fathom. I know even when I hear not everyone has the holy  spirit is shocking, I mean I get it, I just don't always think about it.

(V. 7) "For we live by believing and not by seeing." We believe in the Holy Spirit and we use it without seeing it but  we sometimes don't  recognize that that is an act of faith. In fact it just hit me now, I do believe in The trinity without really thinking about it. Wow this is a huge revelation... I have faith because I use the Holy Spirit and I don't see it but I believe it is there... Wow god you are so good!!

(V. 12) “Are we commending ourselves to you again? No, we are giving you a reason to be proud of us, so you can answer those who brag about having a spectacular ministry rather than having a sincere heart." What am I more concerned about? A spectacular ministry or a sincere heart? What am I living out? I feel  like God is really growing me  in this area. A sincere heart rather than wanting a spectacular ministry feel like I'm being really strengthen and shift into who I really am right now and God is really moving the clay of my life into who I am. Years ago I would have been more concerned about what I was doing and how I acted and now I'm more about the motivation of the heart that's most important thing we can do as Christians is to focus on our hearts and work on our hearts and
your minds are very important as well but I think the heart and the mind of two most important things to work on and to grow and strengthen.

(V. 17) "This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" I love that we don't have to live in our sins we can grow from our mistakes we can move forward in Christ knowing that his spirit and his heart and mind are within us and you can choose to do good and experience peace and joy and be strengthened in those things knowing that God is in us we can do anything nothing is impossible with or through God

(V. 21) "For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.” God gave up the most important thing in the world to him in order for us to do the same in response to praise and glorify him. What a god we have someone who gave up everything for us and he wants us to give up everything which is exactly what we deserve to give you my everything we're supposed to get our everything because he is the one who created us and deserves our heart soul mind and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment