Sunday, September 3, 2017

Taking Steps Toward God

There are many times in my life I seem to just get carried away by things I need to do, stressing over them and figuring things out, or even the compelling desire just to sit on the couch and watch tv all evening. Either I am thinking about too many things or wasting time being lazy. Even trying to sit down and start writing this took some will power. Last night I was praying and wanting to do some devotions, and write a blog post, I felt very motivated. But this morning I woke up, I didn't have a great sleep, and was uncomfortable most of the night. I got up and sat on the couch and I didn't want to get up. It seems no matter how motivated or passionate you feel about something or wanting to make the time for devotions.

There will always be an excuse that gets pulled into our mind. Just wanting something isn't enough, it would be nice if it was that easy. Doing things for God takes more energy but it feels worth it, we just need to get over those hurdles. Time and time again we will slip up, but the more times we overcome them the easier they get as time goes on.

Lately well pretty much always I worry too much and think excessively much about things before I do them. Some people should think more before they act. But in my case and I am sure many others, If it is something God wants you to do, or something you should do, just take a second and just start moving instead of thinking. I have done that twice now, I was stressing out about something, then I had a thought and before I knew it I turned on my wheelchair and started moving and did the thing I was stressing out about and it was a simple thing, just asking someone a question. Even though it was an extremely small thing it felt good to make progress and take a step in the right direction.

There was another instance where there was something my mom mentioned to me that I should do, I was thinking about all the things that needed to be done if I did that, or all the things I needed to adjust in my schedule or whatever. But hold on a sec, this thing wasn't even there yet, I needed to just focus on right now, if that comes up I will deal with it then I am not going to spend two weeks worrying about something that might not even happen. I do that like all the time, just step back I only need to think about now, sure I may have a busy week, sure I might have to adjust things in life, but I don't need to think and think about until I am stressed or worried. If you are thinking this is not easy you are right. I am the person who probably who needs to hear this most and maybe that is why I am writing about it.

Lately I had a thought maybe people aren't so different, sure we look different, experience things in different ways, chase after different things, and different goals, pretty much completely different. But we are the same in our hearts, we have emotions, struggles, fears, weaknesses, strengths, passions, goals, plans that don't always work out, ups and downs, dreams and disasters. We are all the same where it counts. No one is exempt from difficulty not even Jesus, he died on a cross for goodness sake. The worst things ever, happened to the best person ever. But because of that we have hope, power to overcome the devil, strength to fight against our human nature. We will mess up because that is a part of life, but if we keep getting up again and again, one day we will stand firm, and be unshakable against any schemes of the devil. God is on our side, we are unstoppable and victorious through our Lord, saviour, heavenly father, and king.

No comments:

Post a Comment