Sunday, August 4, 2019

Proverbs 1-6

I recently started going through the book of Proverbs. It is the book of wisdom and there are so many great pieces of advice within it. I am only on chapter 6 but I love it already. 

God created us to be wise, to know right from wrong, and to live according to it. That is the purpose of this book. To be a tool to guide you through life, it doesn't just apply to proverbs but to the entire bible. 

It also says in proverbs 2:6-8 "The Lord grants wisdom, from his mouth come knowledge and understanding, common sense to the honest, shield for those with integrity, guards path of the just, protects those who are faithful". Those things keep us safe and on the right path.

 Wisdom, knowledge and understanding all give us good things, it gives us joy, peace, keeps you from stumbling. We chase so many thing but God is saying I have given you the wisdom, the knowledge to do things according to  Godly understanding. 

In chapter 4:23, 25 and 27a, it says  "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course for your life. Look straight ahead, fix your eyes on what lies before you, Don't get sidetracked. He warns us about getting sidetracked and distracted because he knows it will come and it will try and hold us back. 

I just wanted to encourage you that you are wise, even if you make mistakes God's wisdom is always there and he freely gives it to those who ask for it. Those who seek his will. Life is hard but we have what we need to be strong and be wise and do the right thing. He is always there and he will help us through

No comments:

Post a Comment