Just like in worship there are always new songs to sing, new songs to be inspired by, always new ideas and revelations. There is always something new to discover. Some songs are more meaningful to certain people than others.
The same is true about the word of God. There is always something new to learn from it, always a new idea or revelation being shown. God is always giving us new insight. Some verses are more meaningful to certain people.
Worship and the word of God are both powerful things God uses greatly for us to experience him. We often memorize songs and listen to them over and over, but how often do we do that with the bible.
Whoa, that is convicting me so much right now. If I am being honest I love to listen to songs and I memorize them quick but when it comes to memorizing scripture, I don’t do it. I mean I have words in my mind that I know are in the bible but I don’t know where they are found.
When I starting writing this I had no idea where it was going to go. Now I know that this is to show us how much more we value music than the bible. We spend hours listening to music and sing those songs over and over but have a lack of interest when it comes to the bible. Some of you out there may be good memorizers of scripture, I am so glad that you do that, but I know I struggle with that a bit. I want to know the bible, I want to know it more. I want that but I have done anything to show that.
This is my challenge, a challenge for myself mostly but you are welcome to join. I want to start memorizing scripture I am going to work on this. I am going to ease into it but I honestly don’t know where to start. There are so many verses to choose from. I got an idea...
“The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1
If you want you can pick your own verse. My challenge to you is spend this week memorizing verse. Write it out a few times, say it out loud a couple times. I know this could be hard, but if we take one verse and memorize it in 2 weeks, then add another, if that is too hard then make it a month then add another one. I am already thinking this is going to be hard, but no, I rebuke that thought and instead I am going to pray.
Lord, help me to memorize scripture, give my mind the strength it needs to learn this verse. Help me to be obedient in memorizing as time goes on. I know it is good for me and you want me to do this. Help me lord, and help me to find joy and love for this, and give me patience for myself as I work on this. Lord, I know you will be with me and I thank you for that, Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment