Sunday, July 23, 2017

My New Ministry: Choir

I joined my church choir near the end of may. I was previously serving in the prayer room which I enjoyed and served in for over a year. I decided to change to choir ministry because my whole life I have really enjoyed music; singing music, listening to music and sometimes writing music. I realized one of the main reasons I waited so long was because of fear. I was worried about being on stage, getting on stage with my wheelchair and thinking maybe I am not good enough to do this. I had to ask myself why was I letting fear control my decision? What is there to even be afraid of? So I decided I love music, it is the best way I connect with God. Even during my devotions I always have music on, I guess it keeps me focused and connects to my heart the most. I live that music is a huge part of my life. Since joining choir I have gotten to meet new people in the choir and the leaders in this ministry. I am really touched and excited hearing the choir leaders be passionate about God, the ministry they are in, the amount of time and effort they put in, and just the joy I see in their eyes and through their smile, it is inspiring. I feel like this is where I belong, I haven't really felt like I belonged very easy in many places before, so I am overjoyed to have a place like the choir where I can go do the thing I love the most: sing, spend time with the person I love the most: God, be included in a group of wonderful people glorifying God: Church and experience so much joy with new people who love to worship and meet with Jesus: Choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment