Sunday, September 1, 2019

Run to the Father

Do you ever wish you had all the answers? I know I have. I like to know things and know what to expect. But life doesn't work that way. We are often left in the unknown. Having to take a leap and see what will happen. You want to know something? We may not know all the answers but we can know the one who has all the answers.

Jesus came to this earth to know what we go through, how we feel when we go through and how to help us through it. He chose to come her as an infant so lowly and seemingly weak. He also chose to die so that we could live. I definitely want to question why he would do that. The simply reason is because he loves us. He wants us to let him carry our worries, our fears and concerns. We were never meant to carry the questions and worries of this life. 

All we can do is trust his plan and his process. We will not always know what will happen next. We may not know where the road will lead us. We may not understand where he is leading us. We can keep searching this whole life and remain empty, weary and worn out. Matthew 11:28 “Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest”. The only solution is Jesus. It may sound cliche, Jesus is always the answer. But in reality, he is the answer. Without him we will keep stumbling in the dark, longing and looking for something we will never find outside of him. John 14:6 “Jesus answered. I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one come to the father except through me”.

You may be saying, it is not that simple. You would be right the idea is simple but the process is hard. We need to take one day at a time. Each and every day we need to surrender. We need to surrender our fears, our feelings, and our circumstances. Life is hard, but he made it possible. Keep taking step after step. Keep taking it moment by moment. Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight”.

Surrender is the key. Romans 12:1 “Therefore I urge you brothers and sisters in view of God’s mercy offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy, and pleasing to God. This is your true and proper worship”. It is something that takes time, but it will be so worth it. I am in the midst of this learning and growing each and every day to lean on him. We know his plans are good . We know his plans are better than our own. Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you. Declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future”. We know he is faithful. Yet we don’t always believe it. Knowing something and understanding it are two different things. Psalm 9:10 “Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you”.

We are all human which is exactly why we need him. Pray that he would help you surrender your circumstances to him. Just talk to him, tell him all your fears and concerns. He wants to hear from you. Be honest and open with him, he is the best listener. We also need to let him speak into our hearts we need to listen to him and trust him.

Prayer: 
Lord help me to surrender my fears you, my worries and concerns. I know this load is too heavy for me to bear. I know that I need you, I know that you alone can help me. Help me to trust you because I know you are faithful and have a good plan for me. I know you are faithful no matter what I do. You love me and you know how to help me. I surrender my life to you. I need you to lead the way, I need you to comfort me when times are hard. I know that I will keep growing at your pace. The way you have planned. Help me to be patient and walk at the pace you have set for me. Amen


CHECK OUT THE SONG: RUN TO THE FATHER BY CODY CARNES. IT IS AMAZING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment