Thursday, September 19, 2019

What is the meaning of this?

Why do I allow something to have so much power when in reality it is irrelevant to even think about? This is definitely a question I need to address daily. Why do I let the traffic delay cause me to get frustrated? Why do I let a line up cause me to get impatient? Why do I let unexpected tiny changes in my life to cause me to freak out? The answer to all these questions is simply: it is because things didn't turn out how we wanted them to. 

You see we want to get where we want go when we want to get there. We want to do things when we want to do them. We want to be successful without doing the work. As humans we get easily frustrated, impatient and even angry over little tiny issues. 

When we look at our problem we focus on how to fix it, move on, get it over with. What if that isn't the way things were meant to be. God wants us to stop and be still. Do we ever take the time to think about why this is happening? What God is trying to teach us or tell us through those situations? 

God uses problems or inconvenient situations to grow our character, to teach us a lesson or maybe help someone in need. There are many reasons that we may be missing if we rush through something or skip an important step. 

Life is like baking a cake. You cant skip over something like sugar or flour and expect the cake turn out. Just like you can’t skip over something that God has made an ingredient in your life and expect your life to turn out the way it is supposed to. We use flour and sugar for a purpose in our baking. God uses things like inconveniences and waiting as a purpose in our life. It may seem like one small step, but it may be the step that causes everything to fall apart. 

We have all heard the saying that everything happens for a reason. I truly believe that. Whether it was intended to happen or not, God will use it for a purpose, after all He is God and with him all things are possible. Do you believe that? Do you believe that he is all powerful and sovereign over you? If you do then you know this already. Knowing something and believing it or living it out are completely different things.

How do we get better at trusting him and looking for a deeper meaning in our problems? By practicing. We have to practice trusting him. We have to practice looking past our view and ask God what he wants to reveal to us through it.

Spend time praying for God to help you trust him, and praying for him to show you his perspective on the things in your life. 

Psalm 112:7 (ESV) “He is not afraid of bad news;  his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord”

Isaiah 26:3 (ESV) “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you; because he trusts in you”

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future’


Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength”

No comments:

Post a Comment