Friday, October 4, 2019

Faith

How do you define the word faith? 

My understanding of faith is being shaped and molded. I am reading through the book of Daniel. Wow was this guy the definition of unshakeable faith. Daniel and his friends remained calm in all circumstances, even in the face of death. 
They declared “If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.” Daniel 3:17-18

If that is not the definition of faith, I don’t know what is. That definition says: I will trust God because he has proved faithful and he is worthy to be praised no matter what happens. That is the faith I want to live by. I know for a fact Daniel was not perfect, he had his flaws, we all do. when it came to what was most important, he got it right.

Lately people are missing the point of faith, it isn’t about facts and religion, the rules and regulations. We get caught up in the small itty bitty details that in the long run don’t matter. it’s okay if we don’t agree with people on everything. God made us different and with our own likes and dislikes. It’s okay if we disagree at times.

What matters is that we believe in God, believe he was the son of God, that he died and rose from the grave for our sins. That we believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. That we show others who Jesus is, help those in need. Stand up for what is right, and ultimately believe that Jesus has the best in mind for us and we can always trust him.

I want to challenge you to look at your life. What are you putting your faith in? If the answer isn't Jesus, then you got some work to do. None of us are perfect but are you growing and spending time with him? What do you believe about him? Are you believing lies about him that are causing you to doubt him? 

I know I need to spend more time with him. I procrastinate, yet when I spend time with him, I notice a change in me, I feel better, I enjoy it and feel refreshed. But  I get distracted or lazy because i am human, we all are. We are imperfect but that doesn't mean we give up, we push through and every day is a new day and I can start again. His mercies are new every morning.


Spend time with him, really connect with him personally. He desires that and our souls crave that connection to him. Fight your fleshly desires, your spirit is so much stronger, but you need to make a choice, and do it. I know you can, after all anything is possible with God

1 comment:

  1. Love this so much Kiana. You are such a gifted writer and I love the content you have on here. Keep it going girl!

    ReplyDelete