Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Who are you?

Who are you? Are you defined by what people think of you? Is your worth found in the job you have? Is your worth found in who you think you are? If you answered yes to any or all of those questions, then you don’t truly know who you are.

The only one who can determine something’s worth is the one who created it. Let’s say you created a piece of art, you know why you did certain strokes added certain colour, you know the reason and purpose behind your piece and no matter what people think of it. It’s value doesn't change based on opinions, it’s value is what the creator intended it to be. 

The same is true about our identity. Only God knows why our body is shaped the way it is. Only God knows the purpose and intention behind the so called flaws about you. Only God knows how truly beautiful and loved you are. Just because someone calls us ugly or not smart enough, it doesn't change our value or purpose. God made you the way you are on purpose, nothing about is a mistake. Nothing about you is useless. Nothing about you is in conflict with your value or purpose.

“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvellous—how well I know it.How precious are your thoughts about me,[b] O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!” -Psalm 139:13,14,17 &18

He designed us, he formed us, he made us, not because he had to but because he wanted to. His thoughts of us are precious. The definition of precious is: Great value, Cherished, and Beloved. That is how God thinks of each one of us. Don’t look down at yourself when God has made you valuable and loved. We may feel weak, we may feel ugly, but we are NOT, because God made us in his image, he is not ugly or weak and neither are we.

“God created man in his own image” Genesis 1:27

“We are his workmanship” Ephesians 2:10

“You are chosen” 1 Peter 2:9

“I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength” Philippians 4:13

“He calls us his children” 1 John 3:1

We know who God is, we know our value, we know these things but we don’t always believe them, but we should. If your mind is telling you something else, it is LYING to you. You are those things despite what you have done or what you will do. God has REDEEMED you, he has FORGIVEN you, He has DIED so that you can live and be FREE. Embrace who God made you to be. Believe in your value. 

“I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I'm not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?
Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know (ooh oh)

You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don't belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
I believe

The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me
In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity"
You say By Lauren Daigle

No comments:

Post a Comment