This has been something on my mind lately. I feel like more often then not I pray for my self or buy something for my self. When I actually do something for someone else or pray for someone else, even if nobody notices you pray or doesn't know you gave them a gift. It really does feel so good, blessed and even fulfilling, so amazing the feeling of peace and joy and love that fills your heart when you do those things or even think about others more then yourself. Don't do it or try because I am telling you but do it because God is telling you and your heart is asking you: Philippians 2:3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves". Also Acts 20:35 "And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive."
Here is some examples of what we can do: Give a smile, Give laughter, Give joy, Give love, Give a compliment. Maybe even give a gift just because, it doesn't have to be something expensive or extraordinary, just a little something to brighten someone's day. Be the good in someone's bad day, even make someone's good day better. Do something small everyday for someone else. You will experience more life and love and peace and joy and etc.. when you do what God says and think more about others. Lets not forget to balance our time. Just because we should focus more on others doesn't mean we forget completely about ourself. Find the balance of filling your self with God's spirit and pouring out yourself on others. God bless you and all the people you will reach!!
No comments:
Post a Comment