Have you ever noticed that most of the things around us
constantly change? How many situations turn out different than expected?
Sometimes I get frustrated with how fast changing things are,
and how fast paced our lives are. There is basically nothing we can count on
anymore. But you know why that doesn’t matter? I have a simple answer for you…
JESUS. Jesus is always the answer (sorry I had to put that in there, I couldn’t
resist… talk about growing up as a Sunday school kid)
Jesus is the one thing in our lives that doesn’t change. His
character is always the same, How much he loves us has never changed, He has
always and will always be with us, His holy spirit will always be inside those
who believe and What he did on the cross to save us is no less effective than
the day he rose from the grave.
It can be hard to remember all that when it feels as though
our lives are falling apart, or when we get discouraged, or when bad thing
after another come at you, or when the devil is screaming lies in your ear, or
when you feel inadequate or whatever else goes on in our lives and in our
minds. I have two important words that help us in those situations. Trust and
Hope. We have to trust that Jesus IS always the same, that he WILL always help
us, that he IS who he says he is. Also we have to cling to our hope that this
world is going to fade and that Heaven is our real HOME.
There will be no more sin, anger, fear, sadness, loneliness,
regret, and anxiety. All that will remain are good things like Laughter, Love,
Freedom, Peace, Joy, Awe, and Celebration.
Trusting God can be a difficult task but it is one that will
totally be worth it in the end. I definitely don’t have it figured out but I am
on my way. Our hope is not in this world thank goodness, what a mess
it is. Heaven is the only thing we can count on, this world is not the
solution it is the problem. Heaven now that is the perfect solution.
You should definitely check out these two songs, Christ
Tomlin’s song Home and The Colour’s song One Sure Thing. Those songs are
perfect to go along with what I wrote. I love music and it inspires me so much.
I practically think in song lyrics.
No comments:
Post a Comment