I have been reading through the book of proverbs recently. This is a summary of Chapters 15-21. I will be posting about the previous chapters yet, as well as the last 10. I just wrote this and couldn't wait to share it!
The Lord loves to hear from us, all our joys, all the hard times and everything in between. He loves the relationship, it isn't a relationship unless you hear him talk too.
The Lord loves to hear from us, all our joys, all the hard times and everything in between. He loves the relationship, it isn't a relationship unless you hear him talk too.
He also wants us to be humble, and fear him, not be afraid but respect and honour him. After all what power do we have as humans compared to the Lord. He is so much stronger and greater. He wants us to submit to his leadership.
He is wise and only he can give us wisdom.
We don't always appreciate when we are disciplined but we need a reality check sometimes. We need him and we need to understand that and know that we can't be wise on our own, with our own understanding.
We can make all the plans we want but in the end it is the Lord who determines our steps and leads us. We have choices but he has ultimate authority.
We need to hear his voice, we can't know something without hearing it. We need to be ready and willing to hear his words.
If we want to be real friends, we need to be closer than a brother. We need to be there for them ALWAYS, it doesn't say sometimes. It says when we are truly someones friend we are always loyal. Not ONLY when things are good but especially when things are HARD. That is the true test of friendship.
Be willing to learn always be willing to acquire more knowledge, we can never know everything, but we can learn and grow each and every day until our last.
He gave us our ears to hear and our eyes to see, don't take this gift for granted. He blessed us and we need to honour him by using them wisely.
We may not know everything or every reason behind something. This is what faith is for. For trusting God even when we don't have the answers. Sometimes we (me included) as humans want to all the details and all the reasons, but that won't make us feel complete. Only God can truly satisfy us.
God tells us that the godly find justice a joy. It is normal to want justice and want to protect those who can't defend themselves. It is our natural spiritual desire as Christians to want justice. No, we will not be able to fix everything but it won't be because of a lack of trying, we must never give up our desire for true and righteous justice.
Right now as I write this I am feeling so incredibly down. I feel weak and alone. I know the truth more than I think or feel that I do. I know the Lord hears my cry and I will receive peace and comfort. Sometimes hard things help us understand the truth more clearly. Our emotions are there for a reason but sometimes I can't think of their purpose, when all they seem to do is tear me down. But God will not stop fighting for me and he won't stop fighting for you.
I have played the song Rescue by Lauren Daigle this whole time like 7 or 8 times in a row. It is speaking truth over me from the perspective of Jesus, it makes me sad and comforted all at the same time. I highly recommend the song and hope you have been inspired by something I have just written.
No comments:
Post a Comment